8/21/10

Radio Perla El Progreso Yoro 1590

November 19 2009 I was participating in the Nordic DX Championships. One of the task was to listen to a station in Honduras. I was satisfied when I managed to tune in Honduras 4820 and then tried to find Bahamas on 1540. Nice signal! I tuned to 1590 where a rather strong station in Spanish had a very dramatic program. This was Radio Perla reporting from the tropical storm just passing Honduras with a lot of damages. At the same time this station was logged by some other Nordic DX-ers: Odd Påg, Lasse Vidlund, Jari Ruohomäki ,Roger Granholm and perhaps some more. Lasse and Roger received QSL-s a couple of years ago. I have worked hard to get in contact with Radio Perla. Yesterday I found their new site, under construction. I used their contact form and today Nicolas Garcia verified my report! Nicolas works with their computers setting up a new server!

No comments: